Tuesday 30 March 2010

Shoes and Stability

-->
I am now the proud owner of a tshirt that says – “Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change lives”. Brilliant isn’t it? Would have to thank lovely people I call family in Manchester for that one! For all those, who know me but don’t know this yet, I *love* shoes... I have them all – black, red, silver, brown, golden, beige, copper... I could go on. It’s simple... I’m not a very jewellery person... can't be bothered to try and match off jewellery to clothes, bags and shoes (loops are the way to go) and hence I pay attention to details such as bags and shoes – the rules are simple (simpler than accessorising) and unless you are blatantly stupid you will never wear a red dress, black shoes and carry a pink bag (saw 1 mango dolly wearing the exact outfit - the nightmares don’t stop!). So anyway after years of going from dorky bandanas to weird earrings, from mismatched colour combinations to mismatched jewellery and from oversized clothes to oversized bracelets I have found my calling – Shoes. All those who know me know that I take my calling seriously. I think I own about 20 pairs of shoes as of now in UK and I’m not even going to count the ones lying in my cupboard in Bombay! I love shoes. I do. You just can’t go wrong with them can you?? At about the age of 12 my shoe size was about a 37 and I was a size 6/8... I’m now 22 and I’m a size 14. Shoe size? Still 37! See the beauty of it? For the last 10 years I have constantly fought my weight –sometimes I’ve been successful, even though I’ve never scaled back to an 8... but the sizes always pile up... my shoe size however has managed to be constant at 37. Perfect. No matter how many years go by and how many sizes I change I have some sort of stability in my shoes. And I love it. I love knowing that no matter how much I eat or how much I don’t exercise when I put on my gorgeous black pair of stilettos... they’ll fit and look equally gorgeous as they did when I 1st bought them! So who cares abt the Little Black Dress or the Sexy Red Lingerie? I rather put on my Gorgeous Black Heels or my Scintillating Red Shoes and believe it or not I’m sure I can hear Katrina and the Waves singing “I’m Walking on Sunshine” in the background for me.

3 comments:

  1. i do remember that red dress, black shoes and carry a pink bag!! LOL! what a moment!
    well said Cinderella! you do love shoes!
    remember when rohit insisted on trying mine?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol dude... rohit's tried mine! loosened them up completely! silly boy that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol...mango dolly!nice stuff...and yeah sure ...smart shoes will do just as well!

    ReplyDelete