Sunday 14 March 2010

Mr. Nice Guy vs the Bad Boy

-->
-->
Back in my undergrad, when I read Pride and Prejudice, I knew what I wanted. I wanted a Mr. Darcy. And why did I want him? No it wasn’t the money! It was because he was such a tease. I mean I’m a total sucker for men who make me work for them. Its funny how that works. I know I want to be properly wooed but I get restless as soon as I think I “have” a person. I will never make the 1st move but if a person tries too hard, I run in the opposite direction! And yes I know I’m screaming out the emotions of 10 000 other women in the world. I think we all have at some point in time talked about how we would like to now cut the drama out of our lives and get with a “nice” boy (whatever that means). But I think somewhere we all know, give us a “nice” guy and we’d be beating a hasty retreat. I think for me it's because I'm scared of the constancy. I love the uncertainty that comes along with not knowing where what’s going. And never underestimate the power of banter. If you cant understand my sarcasm, you wont understand my words (I know, horrible rephrasing). Lately I have had the opportunity of being an object of attention of a rather nice person. To clarify, we are just friends at this point in time but he’s the exact opposite of drama – calls, texts, heck he even facebooks! But somewhere I can feel a little devil in me get restless wanting to quickly get out of it before there are any bitter feelings. At the same time there is a rather Mr. Elusive who has managed to have me in the weirdest head spin – he literally has me singing you spin my head right round! He triggers the kind of reaction in me that most bad boys through literature and movies have – the rush, the blush and definitely the lust, but he is exactly what I call him – Mr. Elusive! He has been by far the toughest guy to pin down. Not like we don’t know each other, we do but that somehow in no way means I “know” him. So while I sit around and wonder what Mr. E intends to do, if he even intends to, Mr. Nice Guy continues being Mr. No - Drama - Hence - No - Excitement. Quintessential Confused 12 Year Old I am!

12 comments:

  1. Is it the Mind and/or Heart that is saying this??

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... my heart and mind work in the same way on this one. thats where the banter bit came in... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait i dont think i answered ur question - it'd have to be my heart here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my brain agrees im a dickhead! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahaha...been der with da bad boys...and a lil sprinkle of da good ones...trying to ditch da extremes(if dat's eva possible wid men,someone's gotta be teaching dem about balance n equilibrium rite?!)...defo not me neway!hahaa
    :D...love da post

    ReplyDelete
  6. send mr. nice guy over! :P
    i love your banter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. no no... i have no banter... thats the problem na! :( will u still take Mr. Nice Guy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Guys don't finish last, they were never even in the race :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sadly enough... usually the case... :|

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why is it sad for you? You make the choice, so learn to live with it. Girls really need to stop playing the victim in all these situations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nope... not sadly for me... sadly for the nice guys... i have enough guy mates to know what they go through just coz they're nice guys...

    ReplyDelete