Wednesday 2 May 2012

All that’s ex is… painful?



In the past I have expressed views on how my break up was a a perfectly mutual one and how now we are great friends and how we had managed to find that beautiful equilibrium. Bull shit. See, sometimes, its easier said than done. The more time I spent with this person from my past, I realised how comfortable and how easy it was and lesser I wanted to let go of what could be. Like every girl in a situation like this I did what my heart told me to do – I jumped, off the edge, to fall face first and somehow there isn’t a remedy to that except distance. All our comfort and friendship flew out of the window when faced with pain and I did what any one in my situation would, I stopped all interactions. 

It has been a good 3 months since I last spoke to the person who I thought was so important in my life. Do I miss him? Ofcourse, I’d be superhuman if I didnt. We had some good times and everytime I would pass our regular joints, the emptiness of my situation would come back to haunt me. One of the most painful situations for me was to pass his house every single day of the week to get to office, such is luck. On one of my self - pitying days I looked out of the window, longing to remember and wallow in the memory of how great things were when I realised I didn’t remember his place at all. It surprised me. I mustve looked about for 10 minutes with no success, we had crossed the locality and I couldn’t spot his house. This continued for the entire week, with no success. I just couldn’t remember where he lived. Finally, done with that. It was good till it lasted but as of now, kthxbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment