Monday 19 June 2017

#DirtyThirtyExtravaganza

Every year, I write a birthday post, in which, I do a quick recap of my year. I talk about what the year looked like, what I would like to do better in the one coming up, what I would change, yada yada. Some sort of a stock taking - you know? This year, I got nothing. Quite simply, 'New decade, New Stories' is my mantra for now.

But, I will say this, I went to a Backstreet Boys concert with the best girlfriends in a gold sequins dress, and cried when they performed a row from me. If that isn't everything I needed from my big 3-0, then I don't know what is.

30, let's do this, I got plans for you.

2 comments:

  1. Hard strikes break and hurt. Worst ones take all and scar. Scar for life. To wear your scars with pride is true strength. Not toxic as vengeance nor hollow as self pity, but lasting. Strength to get back up, refusing to wither and die.

    I come here often. Sometimes pensive, and other times, bruised and weak. For a long time, my untrained eyes could only trace your words back to pain. They are now certain that these words come from a position of strength. Strength to get back up, refusing to wither and die. To get through each day or at least try.

    A double digit milestone. 53 blog posts. A thousand tears. A million smiles. Countless reasons to look back; even more to not and yet, not a single fuck to give to these lowly demons. Here's to you! 3 decades in the making. No secret sauce. Just practised bravado.

    I feel your strength. It can't just be my imagination, for the numbers all add up! :)

    ReplyDelete