Wednesday 31 May 2017

Almost

It's always an almost. The thought that keeps you up at night, and the conversation that leaves you restless. Mostly because that thumping heart needs validation. Someone to look at the plans you made and the lines you drew, and tell you, I see you. Nobody taught you how to mourn something that never was. And yet, here you are. Holding onto pieces of this made up life, sifting through them, finding clues in jagged edges and misfit jigsaw puzzles. I wish I could sandpaper down all the parts that prick, into beautiful moulding that you can show off. But I can't. So I will do you this instead. I will validate you. I will tell you that I see you and I mourn your loss.
To all the sparks that burnt bright and lost shine, and the ones that perished in the darkness of their being, I see you. For the tiny moment that you spread your wings and fluttered, you warmed my heart and uplifted my soul. I might look back on this tomorrow and not remember you for who you were but I will always remember you for how you made me feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment